If your provider offers the TELUS CHR patient app (UpPatient), you can access the app when invited by the clinic. From the invite message, all you have to do is follow the link to download the app and enter the password provided.
💡 Tip: Can't access the app? Try checking your Apple ID region (for iOS devices) or Google Play country (for Android devices). Because the UpPatient app can be accessed only in Canada, you cannot download and use it unless your mobile phone's region is set to Canada. For more information, see:
If you already have the UpPatient app on your mobile device (for example, because you're a patient at another clinic using it), the notification link opens the app automatically. When prompted, enter the password and you're signed up for this clinic.
📌 Note: There's no limit on how many clinics you can connect the app to.
Alternatively, you can search for and download the UpPatient App from Google Play (Android users) or the Apple App Store (iPhone and iPad users), and then manually register as a clinic patient within the app.
1. Open the UpPatient app.
2. If this is your first time accessing the UpPatient app, at the bottom of the login screen, choose Sign Up.
📌 Note: If you've accessed the UpPatient app before (even if it was for another clinic), log in using your previously set credentials. Forgot your password? No worries, you can reset your password. Once you've logged in, you can then add this clinic to your account and switch to the new clinic.
3. On the Sign Up screen, enter your email address, name and other required information fields, create your unique UpPatient password, and then select Sign up.
💡 Tip: To return to the sign up window, in the top left corner, select X (Close).
5. When you receive the verification email, select Verify My Email Address.
💡 Tip: Didn't receive the verification email? Check your email spam or junk folder. If it isn't there, you may have misspelled your email address during sign up. Try signing up again.
6. Once your email is verified, open UpPatient.
7. On the login screen, enter your email and password, and select Log in.
💡 Tip: If your password is rejected, try resetting your password.
A window opens prompting you to enable biometric (fingerprint) authentication.
8. Choose to either Enable or Skip this step. See Unlocking the UpPatient app using your fingerprint or facial recognition - biometric authentication (for patients).
💡 Tip: If you don't want to be prompted to enable biometrics again, select Do not ask me again. If needed, you can change this at a later stage, in Settings.
9. If this is your first time logging in, you're prompted to select a clinic to connect with. Scroll through or search for your clinic, and then select it.
📌 Note: If your clinic has a White Labelled App, you're not prompted to complete this step.
10. When prompted, enter your identification (usually your provincial health number).
If your email address, date of birth and identification match what's in the clinic's TELUS CHR, you're logged into the clinic's UpPatient app.
If a New Patient window pops up, something did not match. Choose either:
No, I have visited before - To verify your identification settings and try again, OR
Yes - To have the clinic match your new UpPatient account with your clinic chart
Updated June 29, 2021