If your provider offers the TELUS CHR patient app (UpPatient) you can access the app when invited by the clinic. From the invite message, all you have to do is follow the link to download the app and enter the password provided.
If you already have the UpPatient app on your mobile device (for example, because you're a patient at another clinic using it), the notification link opens the app automatically. When prompted, enter the password and you're signed up for this clinic.
📌 Note: There's no limit on how many clinics you can connect the app to.
Alternatively, you can search for and download the UpPatient App from Google Play (Android users) or the Apple App Store (iPhone and iPad users), and then manually register as a clinic patient within the app.
1. Open the UpPatient app, and then tap the Sign up.
2. Fill in your email address, name and other required information fields, create your unique UpPatient password, and then selct SIGN UP.
💡 Tip: To return to the sign up window, in the top left corner, tap X (Close).
4. When you receive the verification email, select Verify My Email Address.
5. Now that your email is verified, you can open and log into UpPatient:
a) Type your email and password and choose LOG IN. A window opens prompting you to enable biometric (finger print) authentication.
Biometrics is a quick and secure way to unlock UpPatient.
b) To enable biometrics, choose YES. You're prompted to confirm your finger print.
c) To not enable biometrics, choose NO.
💡 Tip: If you don't want to be prompted to enable biometrics again, select DO NOT ASK ME AGAIN. If needed, you can change this at a later stage, in Settings.
d) On your first login your prompted to select a clinic to connect with. Scroll through or search for your clinic, and then tap to select it.
📌 Note: If your clinic has a White Labelled App, you're not prompted to complete this step.
2. When prompted, enter your identification (usually your provincial health number).
4. If your demographics and identification match, it will automatically log you into the clinic.
If a New Patient window pops up, something did not match. Choose either:
NO, I HAVE VISITED BEFORE - To verify your identification settings and try again, OR
YES - To have the clinic match your new UpPatient account with your clinic chart
Last updated: May 2021