When a Virtual Visit has been scheduled for a patient, they will receive a confirmation email and/or sms. The message can be customized.
See the help article, Customizing Patient Appointment Notifications for more details.
The patient will also receive a message (email and/or SMS) five minutes before their Virtual Visit appointment, asking them to join the virtual visit (see the below email example)
Starting a Virtual Visit with your Patient (recommended workflow)
1. Select the specific virtual visit appointment and select the Encounter button
2. This will automatically open a new encounter (associated with that specific appointment)
3. You will see two columns (patient list, patient chart/encounter)
4. From the Patient List Column, select Virtual Visit and click on the Patient Name
The green halo around the Patient Avatar indicates that the patient is online
5. The Virtual Visit Window will appear. It is recommended you start the encounter by sending a short message to the patient to make sure that they are ready.
You can move the Virtual Visit window around my clicking and dragging action.
You can minimize and maximize the window
6. Start the virtual visit by clicking on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen.
Ending a Virtual Visit with your Patient
1. Click the Red Phone in the centre of your screen to end the call.
2. Click the "x CLOSE" Button to end the entire Virtual Visit.
Last updated: January 2021