Similar to porting your phone number to a different provider, you can also port your existing fax number to SRFax to send faxes from CHR.
1. Sign up for SRFax. See Signing up for SRFax.
📌 Note: Ensure the address used when you sign up with SRFax is the same as the one used for your current fax provider.
2. In your SRFax account, click My Account > Port Request.
3. Enter details in the required fields.
4. Upload the most recent invoice from your current fax provider.
5. Once SRFax has ported your existing fax number, contact your CHR contact and provide your fax number.
Porting an existing fax number to SRFax takes approximately 10-14 business days.
The existing fax number should NOT be scheduled for porting until you are ready to start receiving faxes via CHR (i.e. on your Go-Live date).
Your port date should ideally be the day after you stop using your old system. For example, if your last day using your current EMR is a Friday, the port request should be completed on Saturday, to minimize any faxes that are received in the small downtime between health record systems.
If the fax line is ported before the specific date, you no longer receive faxes via the usual method. You'll have to check all faxes on the SRFax online portal.
Updated February 07, 2022