If you invite patients through the TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) to download and register for the TELUS CHR patient app (UpPatient), you can customize the email or SMS invitation message patients receive.
⚠️ Important: When possible, use email notifications (which are free) instead of SMS messages (which come at a cost when you exceed your clinic's monthly limit). See SMS overage charges.
1. From the TELUS CHR main menu, click Settings > Notifications.
A list of patient notifications displays.
2. Under Patient App Notification, beside Patient App Invitation, perform one of the following actions:
To customize the email message, in the EMAIL column, hover your cursor over Default and then click Set Up.
To customize the SMS message (i.e. mobile device text message), in the SMS column, hover your cursor over Default and then click Set Up.
The Customize EMAIL Notification or Customize SMS Notification window opens.
4. To customize the email message subject line, in the Email Title field, modify the subject text.
5. In the message text area, modify the text as needed.
6. To have the patient's personalized demographic, clinic, provider or appointment information pull into the message:
a) Click where you want the information to pull in, and select Add Variable. A list of available data options for this message displays.
b) Select the variable you want.
A blue bubble appears in the message indicating where the data will pull into when the message is sent.
7. Click Save.
Updated: February 2022