Create a TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) Enterprise API key to provide an API Consumer with unrestricted access to your organization’s CHR data. You can create multiple keys to support multiple API Consumers, such as one key to support an integration with an appointment booking system, and another key for an integration with an analytics system.
Each key is specific to an API Consumer, and not an individual person or user.
If required, you can revoke an API Consumer’s access at any time by deactivating their API key. You can also easily restore their access by reactivating their API key.
📌 Note: You must have Account Owner credentials to your CHR domain to create API keys.
Keeping your data and API keys secure
API keys provide access to your CHR data, including sensitive personal health information. You must follow these best practices to keep this data safe:
Create one key per API Consumer or integration.
Keep all keys secure; do not share them.
Enter the key directly into the API Consumer solution/tool; do not copy it elsewhere.
Do not share the key via email or other unsecured methods of communication.
Deactivate any keys not in use or that were compromised.
Replace keys on a regular basis.
1. Log in to the CHR as an Account Owner.
2. From the main menu, click Settings > Public API. The list of existing keys appears.
3. Click Add Key. The New Public API Key window opens.
4. In the Name field, type a name to describe the API Consumer using the key.
5. Select the Active check box.
💡 Tip: To make a key inactive, clear the Active check box.
6. Click Create. The key is added to the list.
7. To copy the key value, hover your cursor over the key in the list of keys and click the clipboard icon.
Once you copied your API key, paste it into your application that is making the request. For more information, Making requests to the API.
Updated February 1, 2022