If you're editing or adding a contact or facility to your address book and you want to make sure the contact or facility doesn't yet exist, we recommend you first search for the facility or contact in the Contacts area ("address book"). There are a number of options to search by.
1. From the main menu, click Contacts.
The Contacts window opens.
2. At the top of the window, click the Search icon.
3. In the list beside the search field, select one of the following search options.
Searches by contact first name, last name, billing code, occupation, occupation, facility name, facility address and contact/ facility fax number.
Searches by the name of a contact (individual) who is linked to the facility.
Searches by the facility's fax number.
Searches by the billing number of a contact (provider) who is linked to the facility.
💡 Tip: This is handy if a provider works out of multiple facilities and has a unique billing number at each facility. If you don't know what facility a billing number is for, you can search for the facility by the billing number.
Searches for facilities that have at least one contact with a certain occupation (for example, if you want to search for a list of "lawyer" offices).
Searches by the facility's name, address, phone, and fax number.
4. In the search field type the facility name, contact name, or other option you're using.
💡 Tip: When you're searching for a facility, if the facility you want doesn't appear in the search results, make sure you spelled the name correctly.
5. In the search results click the facility or contact you are looking for.
Updated March 14, 2022