There are two methods for blocking off time in a schedule - from the schedule itself by choosing +Add > Off Time or from Settings > Schedules > Vacation.
Booking time off through the schedule itself is useful for one-offs, such as meetings or afternoons off, or if you do not have access to the scheduling settings. Booking your vacation time through the scheduling settings is useful if you are booking multiple days off. This method also allows you (and other users) to see all of your time off listed in one location. Regardless of which method you use, these blocks of time will not be available for patients to book via e-booking but can still be booked by clinic staff, if necessary.
For more information on booking time off from the scheduling settings, see Vacation Settings.
Steps to add off time
1. From the schedule, click +Add > Off Time.
2. Select a colour to appear on the schedule, as a visual indicator that this time should not be booked.
3. Select a length from the list of options - 30, 60, or 90 minutes; 2, 3, 4, 5, or 8 hours; or 1 day.
4. Hover your mouse over the time slot on the calendar and click to book time off at the selected time.
5. In the New Off Time window, adjust the Start Time and/or End Time if necessary. You can also change the colour at this point as well.
6. In the Memo field, type a description to appear in the schedule at the top of the time slot.
7. Click Save when you are finished. The coloured time off appears on the schedule with your memo at the top.
📌 Note: the blocked time is not available for patients to book via e-booking, but staff can still book an appointment during the time (although a warning will appear).
Steps to edit or remove off time
1. Right-click anywhere on the off time to open the Update Off Time window. From here you can adjust the date, time, colour, and memo. Click Save after you have made your changes.
2. To remove the off time completely, click the trash can icon and then click Okay to confirm.
Updated May 31, 2021