You can configure the summary view of the patient chart to see exactly what you need to see and in the order that matters most for you. For each section in the summary, you can choose how many records to see (for example, see only the last 3 encounters).
📌 Note: Administrators can customize the clinic-wide settings and the default sections that appear in the summary from Settings > Patient > Summary Setting.
1. Open the patient chart.
2. At the top of the chart, click the Summary icon.
By default, the sections configured for your clinic appear.
3. We advise that you "fold" the section - this will make it easier to drag the section to the desired location.
4. To expand a section, click the section header.
5. To collapse or fold a section, click the section header again.
6. To change the order of sections, click the section header and drag it to the desired location. We recommend first folding the section.
7. To add a new section:
a) At the bottom of the window, click Add.
b) Select the section from the list.
c) Specify the options for the section, as shown in the table below, and then click Add.
Latest Record Length
Specify the number of records to display.
Select to display all records.
Select to automatically expand the section in the summary.
If you include labs, specify which lab result to display.
Only my encounters
If you include encounters, select whether to only display your encounter notes.
Show entire encounter
If you include encounters, select whether to display the entire contents of the encounter. When cleared, only the assessment and plan are displayed.
The section is added to the summary.
💡 Tip: To edit the options for the section, click the gear icon ⚙️in the section's header.
5. To delete a section, click the trash can icon.
Updated April 7, 2021