If the patient already has an appointment booked and you want to book a follow-up appointment, you can quickly do it from the existing appointment.
💡 Tip: You can also use this method to reschedule an appointment. If you use this workflow, ensure you either delete the original appointment or change the status.
💡 Tip: To search for and book a different type of appointment, temporarily change the appointment type before following the steps below. The list of available appointments displayed are for the currently selected appointment type.
1. From the schedule, select an existing appointment for the patient to open the appointment booking window.
2. Click the Next tab (icon that looks like 2 pieces of paper).
3. Choose one of the Preset options to quickly jump to a date in the future (such as Next Week, 2 Weeks, 1 Month). You can also manually type a date range in the From and To fields, if the Preset options do not apply. The list of dates displayed changes based on your selection.
📌 Note: The dates shown are calculated from the date of the selected appointment, not the current date.
4. Click a date and time to select it for the new appointment. Click the page number buttons at the bottom to navigate through the available dates and times, if necessary.
5. A new window opens in the schedule, showing the selected date and time and the appointment booking window. The same appointment information is copied to this new appointment (appointment type, status, tags, presenting issues, notes). Make any necessary changes, and click Save.
Updated April 27, 2022