The Goals of care section within the patient health profile enable you to enter patient-specific goals and to record the patient's advanced care directives and organ or tissue donation preferences.
1. Open the health profile from the patient's chart using one of the following methods:
In the patient dashboard view, click Start/Open > Health Profile.
In the patient summary, expand the health profile section.
From an encounter or letter template (see Adding health profile items to an encounter or letter template).
2. Expand the Goals of Care profile section.
3. To add or edit an item, click the pencil icon.
4. Fill in the fields, using the following table as reference.
Enter the goal as free text. You can enter multiple goals on separate lines.
Specify the status (such as active or achieved).
Select from the preset advanced directives listed. To specify a custom directive, select Other and enter a description.
Organ or Tissue Donation
Enter a description of the patient's wishes.
Enter any additional information.
5 . To delete a goal, click the trash icon.
6. Click Save. The new item is added to the list.
7. To view an item's history, click the history icon.
Updated May 31, 2021