The Social History section of the health profile enables you to record personal information about the patient's substance use, occupation & education, living environment, lifestyle, and other social habits that could affect the patient's care.
💡 Tip: Entering dates for profile items is optional. You can enter partial dates, such as only the year, month and year, or a life stage.
1. Open the health profile from the patient's chart using one of the following methods:
In the patient dashboard view, click Start/Open > Health Profile.
In the patient summary, expand the desired health profile section.
From an encounter or letter template (see Adding health profile items to an encounter or letter template).
2. Expand the Social History profile section.
3. To add a new item, click the +.
4. Fill in the fields, using the following table as reference. The fields available depend on the type of social habit that you select.
Select the category. Choose from Substance Use, Occupation and Education, Living Environment, Lifestyle, and Other.
Depending on the type you selected, you may be prompted to select a sub-type (such as the type of substance used).
Enter any additional information.
You are prompted to complete fields that are specifically related to the type and sub-type you selected above.
5. Select Additional Fields to expand the data entry form to complete further fields that are related to the type and sub-type you selected.
To fold this section select Hide Additional Fields.
📌 Note: When you create a new health data entry or when viewing an entry without any information in the Additional fields section, the section remains closed by default. If any of the additional fields are populated, this section auto-expands when you open the entry.
6. Click Save. The new item is added to the list.
7. To view or edit details about an item, click it.
8. To delete an item, click the trash icon.
9. To view an item's history, click the history icon.
Updated December 20, 2022