By default, only one patient can self-book in a single appointment slot—preventing unintended double or triple bookings. In cases where you want to enable more than one patient to book a single appointment time, for example for a vaccine clinic where there are three nurses available at all times, you can allow more than one patient to self-book the same appointment slot.
You set how many patients can book a single slot from each schedule's standard and flexible working hours. You can also set this for flexible working hour templates.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Scheduling > Hours.
2. Perform one of the following actions:
If you are setting this for a provider's standard working hours, beside the provider's name, click Edit > Standard.
If you are setting this for a provider's flex hours, click Edit > Flex, and then select or add a group of flex hours.
If you are setting this for a flex schedule template, click Flex Templates, and then select or add a template by clicking Add Template.
3. In the calendar, click a group of working hours you want to set this for, or click an empty time to add working hours.
4. In the Update Work Hour or Add Work Hour window, in the Slot list, select the number of patients allowed to book in a single appointment slot.
📌 Note: You can allow up to 10 patients to book in a single appointment slot.
5. Click Save.
6. Repeat step 3 to step 5 for each group of working hours you want to set this for.
Tags: e-booking, online booking, eBooking, self-booking
Updated January 6, 2022