With autofill templates, you can set specific checkboxes to be automatically selected and text boxes to populate with designated text. If you fill in a certain form with similar information for certain types of patients or visits, using an autofill template, you can choose to automatically fill in the form with the repetitive information. For example, autofill templates can be created for a lab requisition you use for patient intake at a long-term care home. Female and male patients will need different tests done, by creating autofill templates you can easily pre-select the tests you need for each, streamlining your workflow.
💡 Tip: Autofill templates are the only way to auto-populate text boxes with text. When creating a text box on your form template, the Name will not show on the completed form. Before creating your autofill template, ensure that all variables have a Name. This is how you will identify them while creating your autofill template. For more information, see Creating Form Templates.
In the forms section of the patient chart, the name of the autofill template that was applied to the form appears below the form name. This is helpful if you use the same form template with different autofill templates regularly, you can easily find a specific
form requisition without having to open each one.
1. From the main menu click Settings > Templates > Form.
2. Search for the form you want, and beside the form name, click Auto Fill Templates.
3. Click +Add Template.
4. In the Template Name field, type a name for the autofill template.
5. For checkboxes, you can choose if you want the checkbox to be pre-selected for you or not. The column on the left shows the variable names. Beside the checkbox variables you want to have automatically selected, select Select. For checkboxes you do not want checked, select None or Unselect (both function the same).
6. For text boxes, you can choose what text you want to populate on the form. In the field next to the variable name, type the text you want to auto-populate in the form. If you do not specify text to populate, the field will display None and nothing will auto-populate on the form.
📌 Note: Checkboxes and text boxes appear in the order they were created in the form.
7. Click Save.
8. Refresh your browser for the changes to take effect.
When you use the autofill template, the text and checkbox variables will populate the same way you set them in your template.
Updated May 9, 2022