Making a clone of an encounter template is a great way to create a similar template without starting from a blank template.
📌 Note: You need permissions for Templates: Encounters to clone encounter templates. See Modifying user permissions.
1. From the main toolbar, click Settings > Templates > Encounter and identify the encounter template that you would like to copy.
2. Beside that template, click the clone icon.
3. A duplicate of the template with 'copy' in its title appears at the bottom of the list.
4. Click the template to select it.
5. Make any of the following changes:
Change the template name
Attach a presenting issue (even if the template you cloned had a presenting issue, this is not automatically attached to the new template as part of the cloning process)
Change variables and other items in the encounter sections. See Creating encounter templates for details.
6. When your modifications are complete, click Save to close the window and commit your changes.
Updated May 25, 2022