🎞️ View video tutorial: Configuring user permissions and roles
When new users are added to TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR), they receive permissions from their role(s). However, you can modify each user's permissions individually to be distinct from their role permissions.
For example, if only one of your staff creates and manages Qnaires, you can grant just that staff member permission to edit Qnaires, even though it differs from their role's permissions.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Account information. The User Management window opens.
2. In the Users List, click Edit beside the user you want to modify permissions for. The user's settings window opens.
3. Click the Permissions tab.
Beside each of the user's permissions, you can check if the permission is a user-specific permission or granted by a role.
In this example, the inbox permission is a user-specific permission so it's labelled as granted by Individual. The patients permission is granted by the Management role.
4. Select the checkbox beside a permission you want to grant, or clear the checkbox for any user-specific permissions you want to remove. For more information about each permission, refer to User permissions.
5. When you're done, scroll to the bottom of the window, and then click Submit.
6. When prompted, enter your CHR login password.
7. Refresh your browser window to activate the permission changes.
Updated September 25, 2023