When new users are added to the TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR), the permissions they have default to the permissions set for their role. However, you can modify each user's permissions to be distinct from their role permissions. For example, if only one of your staff members creates and manages Qnaires, you can grant only that staff member permission to edit Qnaires, even though it differs from their role's permissions.
📌 Note: The role permissions and user-specific permissions are additive. For example, if a user is assigned a role with permission to access patient charts but that permission is then removed from the user-specific permissions, the user still has access to the patient charts because of the role permissions.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Account. The User Management window opens.
2. In the Users List, click Edit beside the user you want to modify permissions for. The user's settings window opens.
3. Click the Permissions tab.
4. Select the checkbox beside the permissions to enable or clear the checkbox for any permissions you want to disable. For more information about each permission, see User permissions.
5. When you're done, scroll to the bottom of the window, and then click Submit.
6. When prompted, enter your CHR login password.
7. Refresh your browser window to activate the permission changes. Beside each of the user's permissions, you see whether the permission is enabled for their role (Management) or if it's a user-specific permission (Individual).
Updated July 21, 2022