Roles enable you to apply default user permissions to groups of users based on their role in the clinic. For example, you can enable providers to prescribe medications and create encounters, while preventing front-end staff from performing these actions.
If you have the Edit Roles and Edit Other Users permissions enabled, you can create new roles, modify role permissions and assign users to roles.
📌 Note: When you modify a role's permissions, the permission changes are applied to all users assigned that role, as long as the users don't have user-specific permissions applied (see Modifying a user's permissions). If user-specific permissions were applied, those permissions remain unaltered.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Account > Roles. The Roles List displays.
2. Perform one of the following actions:
To add a role, click Add Role.
To modify an existing role, beside the role, click Edit.
The Add New Role or Edit Role Detail window opens.
3. In the Role Name field, type a name for the role.
4. Optionally, in the Description field, type a description for the role. For example, you can describe the types of users who should have this role assigned.
5. Under Permissions, select the checkbox beside all permissions these users should have by default. For detailed information about each permission, see User permissions.
6. To assign this role to users, click the Users tab, and then select the users. For more information, see Assigning multiple users to a role.
💡 Tip: You can also assign an individual user to a role from their security settings (Settings > Security > User > Role tab).
7. When you're done, scroll to the bottom of the window, and then click Submit. If you added a new role, it appears in the Roles List.
Updated March 20, 2022