You can extract the following clinic-wide or provider-specific data from the TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) into a password-protected CSV spreadsheet file:
Faxes: Outgoing and received
Patient lab file
The file is compressed within a ZIP file that you, or the recipient, can then extract later (see Downloading and using exported files).
⚠️ Important: To export data, your CHR account must have two-factor authentication enabled to enhance the security of your data. For more information, see Enabling two-factor authentication for your account.
1. From the main toolbar, click Settings > Data Export. A list of any previously exported data appears.
2. Click New Export. The Export Data window opens.
3. Choose the data to export, using the following table as reference:
Choose the date range of the data you want to export.
Type of data to export
From the list, select the type of data to export. Depending on the type you choose, you may have to specify further options. For example, if you choose to export received faxes, you can specify from which fax number.
For a full list of all the available types of data and the exact data elements, see Data export categories and contents.
If you want provider-specific data extracted, click the magnifying icon, search for and select a provider.
If you want all providers selected, leave this section blank.
Filter File (Optional)
If you want to export data associated to certain patient ID's, you can use a patient ID filter. Upload a CSV file with patient ID's, i.e. one patient ID per row.
Click Select a CSV File. A file explorer window opens, select the filter file and click open to upload it.
If required, change the file name. By default, it is the type of data, followed by the date and time.
Type a password that will be required when you or the recipient extracts the data. The password must contain at least:
5. Click Export. The CHR processes the export. You will receive an email notifying you when it is ready to download.
6. Return to Settings > Data Export or press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page and it should appear in the list for download.
7. Click the download icon next to the filename to download the file to your computer. 💡 Tip: Use one of the following ZIP file extractor software to open and extract the file(s):
📌 Note: You must have a spreadsheet application installed on your computer to open a CSV file (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers etc.)
Updated April 19, 2022