Each user can customize the information that appears in the patient header at the top of patient charts. For example, you can display the patient's height, weight, BMI, latest lab results, as well as any other patient data.
This allows you to see at a glance the information that is important to you while navigating through the patient chart. It also enables you to quickly enter or edit this data. Any customization you make is only for your user profile; it does not affect other users.
📌 Note: You can still view all the patient data in the Patient Data section of the patient summary or patient dashboard.
1. Open a patient chart.
2. Perform one of the following:
To the right of the patient header area, click the gear icon.
At the top of the chart, click the Dashboard icon, navigate to the Patient Data widget and click Manage.
💡 Tip: If this widget does not appear, click + to add it (see Customizing the patient dashboard).
The Manage Patient Data Widget window opens.
4. Search for the patient data to include and select it to add it to the list.
5. In the Display Type list, select Header.
6. To change the order of the data, click and drag the data item to the correct order.
7. Click Save.
8. If the patient header information spans more than one line, to the right of the patient header area, click the the up arrow to collapse the information. Click the down arrow to expand the information.
9. To edit information in the header, click the data item.
Updated February 15, 2022