Regardless of your permission level in the TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR), you can enable or disable two-factor authentication (2FA) for yourself. You can also change how you receive two-factor authentication codes.
💡 Tip: Two-factor authentication using an authentication app is the most secure and the method we recommend.
📌 Note: If you are using PrescribeIT®, you must use SMS or an authenticator app to receive the two-factor authentication code. You cannot use email.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Security.
💡 Tip: Alternatively, at the top of the main menu, click your avatar image > Security.
2. To disable two-factor authentication, select None.
3. When prompted to confirm, select the checkbox and click Disable 2FA.
4. To enable two-factor authentication or modify how you receive two-factor authentication codes, select Email, SMS (text), or Authentication App.
5. Depending on the authentication method you selected, complete the steps below.
⚠️ Important: To use an authentication app, you must download an authentication app on your mobile device or desktop computer to generate verification codes, such as:
A Setup Authenticator App window appears with a QR code and alphanumerical code.
💡 Tip: If you can't receive the 2FA code (for example, if you have misplaced your phone or are unable to login to your email), contact your clinic's CHR administrator. The administrator can temporarily change the two-factor authentication method or turn off 2FA for you. For more information, see Disabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for other users.
Updated January 19, 2023