📌 Note: To modify flex schedule templates, you must have the Templates: Schedules permission.
After you've created a flex schedule template, you can make changes to it (e.g. if the hours change or the types of appointments offered change). For example, you have a "Saturday clinic" template that starts at 8:00 a.m. and goes to 5:00 p.m. But the Saturday clinic will be available only in the mornings now, so you need to change the template to reflect the new hours of 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Changing the template does not affect the provider schedules where the template has already been applied. Any changes you make to the template are used when you next apply the flex schedule template to a provider's schedule.
You can also delete a flex template if it is no longer needed.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Scheduling > Hours and then click Flex Templates. The list of existing flexible schedule templates appears.
2. To delete a template, click the x to the right. Click Okay to confirm you want to delete the template.
3. To modify a template, select it from the list.
💡 Tip: If the list of templates is long, you can quickly find a template by searching for it using the Search field at the top of the window.
The Edit Flexible Schedule Template window appears.
4. Click in the Template Name field to change the name of the template.
5. To modify the hours to which the template will apply, click the existing working hour time block. From here you can modify any of the working hour details such as start and end times, colour on the schedule, and the types of appointments offered.
6. When you are finished modifying the working hours, click Save.
7. Click Save again to save the changes to the template.
Your changes will be used the next time you apply the template to a provider's schedule.
Updated January 31, 2022