When patients search for available appointments and they select a date, you can set the eBooking site to provide only the first available appointment on that day as an option (without allowing the patient to select a time). This is known as "appointment stacking", because it fills up each day's schedule from earliest to latest and prevents gaps between appointments.
You enable appointment stacking for each schedule's standard and flexible working hours. You can also set this for flexible working hour templates. Because you set this for each group of working hours individually, you can set a schedule to appointment stacking enabled for different days, or even for different times of the day.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Scheduling > Hours.
2. Perform one of the following actions:
If you are setting this for a provider's standard working hours, beside the provider's name, click Edit > Standard.
If you are setting this for a provider's flex hours, click Edit > Flex, and then select or Add a group of flex hours.
If you are setting this for a flex schedule template, click Flex Templates, and then select or add a template by clicking Add Template.
3. In the calendar, click a group of working hours you want to enable or disable appointment stacking for, or click an empty time to add working hours.
4. In the Update Work Hour or Add Work Hour window, in the Stacking drop-down, choose to turn appointment stacking Off or On.
5. Click Save.
6. Repeat step 3 to step 5 for each group of working hours you want to set this for.
Tags: e-booking, online booking, eBooking, self-booking
Updated: October 8, 2021