You can view a patient's panelled status from several areas of the CHR. You should occasionally confirm that the patient is assigned to the correct panel (and delete them from a panel or reassign them to a different panel as necessary). Each time you confirm a patient's panels, the confirmation date is updated so you can quickly see the last time you confirmed the panel.
You can view and confirm the panel from the Assigned Panels widget in the chart, from the appointment details of a booked appointment, or from the patient demographics window.
Steps to confirm a panel from the patient's chart
1. Open the patient's chart and, in the Assigned Panels widget, click the Confirm button to the right of the panel information.
💡 Tip: If the widget is not visible, add it by clicking the + button. See Customizing the patient dashboard for more information.
2. The Confirmation Date is updated to today's date.
💡 Tip: If the patient is assigned to multiple panels, click Confirm All to update the confirmation date for all panels, instead of confirming them individually.
Steps to confirm a panel from an appointment
1. Either while booking an appointment or viewing an existing appointment for the patient, hover your cursor over Quick View to see the patient's panel information.
💡 Tip: If a patient is assigned to multiple panels, instead of the panel name, Multiple panels is displayed. If all panels have the same confirmation date, the date will show. Otherwise you can see the confirmation date for each panel in the next step.
2. Click the panel to open the Assign Panels window.
3. Select the Confirm checkbox for each panel that you are confirming and click Save.
4. The panel Confirmation Date is updated to today's date.
Steps to confirm a panel from a patient's demographics
1. From the dashboard view of the patient's chart, select Update Information.
2. At the bottom of the window, click Save and validate.
3. The Last validated date is updated to today's date, as well as the panel Confirmation Date.
📌 Note: The panel confirmation date is updated only if the patient's primary practitioner is the only practitioner in the panel. If the panel has more than one practitioner or the patient is assigned to multiple panels that include the primary practitioner, the confirmation date is not updated.
Updated August 5, 2022