🎞️ View video tutorial: Using frequent medications
If you often prescribe certain medications, you can add these as frequents (favourites) so that you can prescribe them more quickly in the future.
Any medication frequents you create are available to only yourself. Other users cannot see or use your medication frequents.
There are two ways to create prescription frequents:
from the patient chart, while you are adding a prescription for a patient, or
from the My Frequent Medications prescription settings.
📌 Note: When you add a prescription frequent from the prescription settings, no interaction or dosage checking is performed until you prescribe the frequent.
Steps to save a frequent while prescribing
1. Start a prescription as you normally would. See Creating prescriptions for more information.
2. After you have entered the medication details, but before saving, select the Save to my frequents checkbox.
3. The medication name and dosage instructions are saved for future use. See Prescribing frequent medications for more information.
Steps to create a frequent from the prescription settings
1. From the main menu, select Settings > Prescription.
2. For My Frequent Medications, click Add Medication.
3. In the window that appears, complete the prescription as you normally would. See Creating prescriptions for more information.
4. Click Save when you are finished.
5. The new frequent medication appears in the list of My Frequent Medications and is available for future use. See Prescribing frequent medications for more information.
Updated September 17, 2021