Before you can create and submit eClaims to an insurer on behalf of your patient, you must add the patient’s insurance policy information to the patient’s chart.
1. From the patient chart Dashboard view:
a. Click Update Information, or
b. In the Identifications widget, click Manage Identifications.
The Update Patient window opens.
2. From the General tab, under Identifications, click +Add New Identification.
3. In the Create Identification window that appears, use the below table to complete the fields:
Create Identification Type
Select the insurer from the list.
If you do not see the insurer in the list, you must add them to your CHR account. Refer to Managing eClaims patient identifiers in the CHR.
📌Note: If all eClaims insurers are greyed out, you have already added the maximum of two insurers to the patient’s chart.
Enter the patient’s membership ID.
Enter the group policy ID.
Relationship to Insured Member
Select the relationship to the main member, for example Spouse.
📌Note: If this is not the Insured Member, an additional section appears. Enter the insured member’s first and last name, and optionally their middle name and date of birth.
Plan Start Date
Click the calendar icon and select the patient’s insurance plan start date.
Plan End Date
Click the calendar icon and select the patient’s insurance plan end date.
4. Click Okay.
The name of the eClaim insurer, the member ID and group policy ID appear under TELUS eClaims insurers.
And, in the Identifications widget, you see your patient’s personal health numbers and all their eClaims insurers.
5. If there are two insurers, define one of the insurers as the primary insurer by clicking Primary next to it.
6. Click Save.
7. To edit the patient’s insurance policy information, next to the insurer name, click the gear icon.
8. To delete the patient’s insurance policy information, next to the insurer name, click the trash bin icon and click Okay to confirm the action.
Created July 11, 2023