Before you can submit eClaims to an insurer on behalf of your patient, you must add the patient’s insurance policy information to the patient’s chart.
The CHR has a pre-configured list of patient identifiers for eClaim-supported insurers. By default, they are marked as inactive. Any eClaims-insurer patient identifier that you make active can be selected when adding the patient's insurance policy information to their chart. Refer to Steps to make eClaim-specific patient identifiers active.
If you want to modify a patient identifier, refer to Steps to edit eClaim-specific patient identifiers.
If you do not see an eClaims-specific patient identifier in the list, you can add them. Refer to Steps to add eClaim-specific patient identifiers to your CHR.
Steps to make eClaim-specific patient identifiers active
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Patient.
2. Under Patient Identification, select the Inactive tab.
3. From the list of pre-configured eClaims-supported insurers, click the restore icon next to one that you submit eClaim bills to.
Steps to edit eClaim-specific patient identifiers
1. To set an insurer as the default insurer when adding a new patient, from the Active tab hover your cursor over the insurer and click Make Primary. A blue bar appears next to the primary identifier.
2. To edit insurer details, select the insurer name, make adjustments accordingly using the below table and click Save.
3. To deactivate an insurer, click the X.
You can find the disabled insurer under the Inactive tab.
4. To make an insurer active again, under the Inactive tab, click the restore icon next to it.
The insurer can be found under the Active tab.
Steps to add eClaim-specific patient identifiers to your CHR
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Patient > Add Identification.
The New Identification window appears.
2. Enter the identifier information, as described in the following table:
Type the name of the insurer.
Auto Assign Unique Value
When adding an eClaim identifier, always select No.
Identification Visible Name
If your CHR is configured so patients can view their identifier in the patient portal, you can type a different identifier name that will be visible in the portal.
If you want the name of the insurer (Identification name) to be visible in the portal, leave this field blank.
To enable patients to view their identifier in the patient portal, select Yes.
Select [CA/] TELUS eClaims.
📌Note: If you select this option, an Insurer field appears.
Select the eClaims insurer from the list.
📌 Note: If you do not see the TELUS eClaim-supported insurer, contact the TELUS Health support team through the in-app support bubble.
If desired, add a link to the identification issuer's website.
3. Click Save. The insurer is added to the list of patient identifiers and is available to select in patient demographics.
Created July 17, 2023