If the insurance company only pays you partially, or if they pay the insured member directly, you can collect payment from the patient and record it in the CHR.
You can create a PDF invoice with or without a cover page, to print, email or fax to the patient. You can also download or save the invoice directly to the patient’s chart. This can be done before, at the time of payment, or after.
1. From the patient’s chart, click Start/Open > Insured Billing and click the claim you want to make an invoice for.
The Edit Insured Payment window opens.
2. At the top right corner, click the printer icon.
3. In the PDF Settings window, if you do not want to include a cover page, select None. To include a cover page, select it from the list. For more information on cover pages, see Adding a fax cover page to a PDF document.
4. After specifying your PDF Settings, click Save.
5. The PDF invoice is generated and appears in a window. From here, you can download a copy of the PDF to your computer, change the PDF settings, print, email, or fax the invoice, or save to the patient's chart.
6. Click Close when you are finished.
Updated September 12, 2023