If an additional provider is required at an appointment, or if multiple patients will be seen as part of the same appointment (such as a pain management clinic, diabetes education session), you can book this as a single appointment. The appointment will appear on the schedule of each provider involved.
1. From Schedules, click +Add > Group Visit.
2. If you have more than one Location, select the location from the list.
3. Either select the Appointment Length (if no group visit templates are configured) or select the group visit Appointment Type. (See Creating group visit appointment types for more information).
4. Select a time on the schedule. As you move your cursor over the schedule, a box appears where the appointment will be and shows the start and end time.
5. In the Group Visit window in the General tab, enter the following information:
A descriptive name for the group. If you selected a group visit appointment type, the group name is automatically populated.
Providers at your clinic who will participate in the visit. The provider whose schedule you are booking the appointment in is automatically entered for you. Click +Add to add more providers. Click x to remove a provider from the list.
If you have appointment tags configured, select any applicable tags.
Any notes that apply to the group as a whole, such as group objectives, topics of discussion, activities etc.
If you selected a group visit appointment type, it is pre-populated here. You can change it, if necessary.
The default appointment status for the group visit.
The maximum number of participants in the group visit. Select a number from the list (maximum 100).
Type of Patients Allowed to Book
Select the checkboxes to indicate whether New Patients and/or Existing Patients can book this type of visit.
Selected by default. Clear the checkbox if you do not want patients to be able to book this type of visit through eBooking.
6. If you already have patients who will attend the group visit, select the Patients tab to add patients. See Adding patients to a group visit for more information.
7. Optionally enter the Description to provide extra information to the patient, such as a summary of the purpose of the group. The description is visible to the patients when they are eBooking.
8. Add any Pre-Visit Qnaires and Reminders as you normally would for an appointment.
9. Click Save when you are finished. The group visit appears in the schedule of all providers booked in the visit, and indicates the number of patients currently registered for the visit.
Updated May 28, 2021