For each appointment type, you can customize the default message text and Additional Comments that appear in automated appointment reminder messages that patients receive via SMS and email.
You can also customize when and how often the TELUS CHR sends reminders.
📌 Note: During the appointment booking process, front-end staff can modify these reminders if needed.
You can also create post-visit reminders with or without Qnaires attached.
1. Open the appointment type's settings (edit the appointment type). See Creating and modifying appointment types.
2. In the Edit Appointment Type window, click the Reminder Templates tab. A list of the appointment type's current reminders displays.
📌 Note: All appointment types have a same day reminder as the default setting.
3. Perform one of the following actions:
To edit a reminder, click the gear icon. The Edit Additional Reminder Note window opens.
To add a new reminder (for example, if you want a second reminder to go out a day prior to the appointment), click New Reminder Note. The New Additional Reminder Note window opens.
4. Using the following table, customize the appointment reminder settings.
Type a reminder name that differentiates it from other reminders for this appointment type.
📌 Note: This name is not visible to patients.
To add a custom message to the reminder notification (such as prep instructions), type the message here.
This message appears in the Additional Comments area of the message.
In the list, select when (relative to the appointment) to send the reminder. For example, 1 day prior.
📌 Note: If you select a time period after an appointment (such as 1 day after), a Qnaire section appears where you can add post-visits Qnaires to the reminder. For more information, see Attaching post-visit Qnaires to appointment types.
Select the time of day the reminder is to be sent.
💡 Tip: Try to stagger when each of your clinic's appointment reminders are sent. This prevents a large number of patients calling to reschedule or cancel their appointments at the same time.
5. To customize the main message text, navigate to the Notification Settings, select the Appointment Type, and then modify the Appointment Reminder message(s). See Customizing appointment notifications for patients.
6. Click Save.
Updated October 13, 2021