You can search for patients in the TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) by first name, last name, ID (health card or patient health number), date of birth, email, or phone number. Once you find the correct patient, simply click the patient name to open their chart.
📌 Note: If the patient name contains a special character (such as an accent), you do not need to type the special character to find the patient.
1. From the main menu, click Patients.
2. At the top of the patient list, click the magnifying glass.
The search window opens and defaults to searching by name.
3. To search using different patient criteria, select it from the list.
💡 Tip: If you change the type of search from the default Name search, your selection is remembered going forward. So if you always search by ID, for example, you don't need to select ID each time you search for a patient.
4. Type at least 3 letters or numbers to start the search. Patient matches appear in the list, up to 25 patients. To narrow your search, keep typing or choose a different criteria.
💡 Tip: To search for archived or deceased patients, select the Archived check box. For more information, see Viewing and restoring archived patient charts.
5. To open the patient chart, click the patient's name.
6. If the patient does not exist and you want to add them, in the top-right corner, click the new patient icon. For more information, see Adding a patient.
📌 Note: For PEI users, do not use the new patient icon. Add a patient from the Client Registry. See Adding a patient from the Client Registry to the CHR for more information.
Updated June 28, 2023