When patients self-book appointments through your TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) appointment booking site, at the end of the booking process they receive a message, informing them of their appointment status and providing them with any additional instructions.
Also, when patients receive appointment notifications through email or text and they click Appointment Details, they're taken to the appointment booking site where they see the same message.
For each appointment status, you can customize the message that patients see.
💡 Tip: To hide or show your clinic's address and map on notifications, you can set this option clinic-wide (see Displaying your clinic address and map on appointment notifications) or for specific appointment types (see Displaying your clinic address and map on appointment notifications for certain appointment types).
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Custom Text.
2. Click Online Booking.
3. Under Appointment Letter, beside the notification you want to edit, in the Edit column, click the Gear icon. The following table outlines what each notification is for.
Appointment letter type
Displays when the patient's requested appointment is waiting to be confirmed by the clinic.
Displays when the patient chooses to Cancel their appointment.
Confirmed, Action Required
Displays when the patient's appointment is confirmed, but they still have Qnaires to complete.
Confirmed, Completed Qnaires
Displays when the patient's appointment is confirmed and they've completed all required pre-visit Qnaires.
Confirmed, No Action Required
Displays when the patient's appointment is confirmed and there are no pre-visit Qnaires assigned to them to complete (i.e. the appointment type has no Qnaires linked).
Rescheduled, Action Required
Displays when the patient chooses to Change their appointment date or time and they have Qnaires to complete.
Rescheduled, Completed Qnaires
Displays when the patient chooses to Change their appointment date or time and they've completed all required pre-visit Qnaires.
Rescheduled, No Action Required
Displays when the patient chooses to Change their appointment date or time and there are no pre-visit Qnaires assigned to them to complete (i.e. the appointment type has no Qnaires linked).
Displays when the patient is asked to confirm their upcoming appointment.
Not available at this time.
4. In the Main Phrase field, type or modify the message you want patients to see.
To pull information into the message, such as the patient name, appointment date, appointment time and practitioner, choose to Insert Variable. See Variables for use in letter templates.
Use the text formatting options at the top of the field to emphasize text where needed (for example, you can bold, italicize or colour text).
5. To have a secondary message display below the main message (separated by a line), in the Extra Detail field, type the message.
6. Click Save. In the Edit column, the status of the notification displays as Customized.
7. To return a notification to the default phrase, hover your cursor over Customized, and then click the Trash icon.
8. Refresh your browser for the changes to take effect.
Tags: e-booking, online booking, ebooking, self-booking
Updated December 30, 2021