You can delete any bill that is created and not yet submitted to the provincial insurer.
⚠️ Important: Billing items that have been submitted to a provincial billing provider, cannot be deleted in the CHR.
For any bills that you submitted to your provincial insurer, i.e. Teleplan but that were created in error, the following rules apply:
If the claim came back with the status: Attention Required and is incorrect due to various reasons, change the status to:
- Cancelled: If revenue is lost (write-off)
- Completed: If billed in error (adjustment)
If the claim came back with the status Completed (Paid) but should not have been paid, you must submit a debit request:
1. Open the claim and select the i icon at the top right.
3. From the Transaction Details window, select Start Debit Request.
4. Change the claim status from Completed to Ready.
5. Click Save.
If the bill has not been submitted to your provincial provider, i.e. Teleplan, open the patient chart, click Start/Open > Insured billing. Find the bill and click the trash can icon next to it.