You can start a virtual visit for a patient with or without an appointment. The patient must be in a Pathway (usually the Pre Visit or Visit phase) in order to start the virtual visit. Patients automatically flow into and through a Pathway using configured transitions, but if the patient does not have an appointment booked and you do not want to book one, you can manually add a patient to a Pathway in order to start a virtual visit on the fly.
1. From the main menu, click Pathways.
2. Click the + icon for the phase you want to move the patient into and click Without Appointment.
3. In the window that appears, search for your patient as you normally would and then select the appropriate patient from the list.
4. Then, select Virtual Visit as the type of visit, and select a presenting issue.
📌 Note: You must select a presenting issue.
💡 Tip: You may want to create a generic "Other" or "Virtual Visit" presenting issue for the cases when there is no appropriate issue in your list. For more information, see Creating presenting issues
5. Click the button that corresponds with the Pathway phase you are adding the patient to (such as To Visit in this example).
6. The patient is added to the Pathway for the selected phase. Click Send Invitation to send the patient a link to join the virtual visit.
7. Select the delivery method and click Invite to Virtual Visit to send the invitation to the patient.
8. When the confirmation message appears that your invite was sent, click Okay.
9. You can now select the card in the Pathway to open the patient's chart and start the visit. For more information, see Starting a virtual visit.
Updated December 17, 2021