Patient flowsheets centralize key lab results, patient data points, and injections within one area of the patient chart. Flowsheets are useful for chronic disease management and preventive care, as you can easily monitor and update disease-specific patient information from one screen.
You can quickly add a flowsheet by applying an existing CHR flowsheet template such diabetes, hypertension etc. Once you've selected a template, you can make further customizations by adding additional elements. Any customizations you make to a flowsheet template apply only to that specific patient.
You can also build a flowsheet from scratch by manually adding each element. See Adding a flowsheet data element for more information.
1. Open a patient chart.
2. Select the Flowsheets icon (to the left of Start/Open) and select Add Flowsheet.
3. In the Flowsheet window, select Apply Template to view the CHR's built-in list of templates. (To build a flowsheet from scratch, select Add Element. See Adding a flowsheet data element for more information).
4. Search for and select a template from the list that appears.
📌 Note: If there are no flowsheet templates, contact the Support team to have them added to your system.
5. Once you select a flowsheet template, the flowsheet is created and the associated lab results, injections and patient data appear.
From here, you can:
Change the name of the flowsheet. Click in the Name field and type the new name. Click Update to apply the change and click Okay when the confirmation dialog appears.
Add additional data elements (apply to this patient only); see Adding a flowsheet data element.
Update flowsheet data; see Updating patient flowsheet data.
Filter the flowsheet, print the flowsheet, view alerts, and hide specific flowsheet fields. See Using patient flowsheets for more information.
6. When you are finished, click Close. Any changes you made are saved for the next time you view this flowsheet for this patient. See Using patient flowsheets for more information.
Updated September 17, 2021