Patient flowsheets centralize key lab results, patient data points, injections, and medications within one area of the patient chart. Flowsheets are useful for chronic disease management and preventive care, as you can easily monitor and update disease-specific patient information from one screen.
You can quickly add a flowsheet by applying an existing CHR flowsheet template such as diabetes or hypertension. Once you select a template, you can customize further by adding additional elements. Any customizations you make to a flowsheet template apply only to that specific patient.
You can also build a flowsheet from scratch by manually adding each element. For more information, see Adding a flowsheet data element.
1. Open a patient chart.
2. Click the Flowsheets icon (to the left of Start/Open) and select Add Flowsheet.
3. In the Flowsheet window, select Apply Template to view the CHR's built-in list of templates. To build a flowsheet from scratch, select Add Element (see Adding a flowsheet data element).
4. Search for and select a template from the list that appears.
📌 Note: If there are no flowsheet templates, contact the Support team to have templates added to your system.
5. Once you select a template, the flowsheet is created and the associated lab results, injections, medications, and patient data appear.
From here, you can:
Change the name of the flowsheet. Click in the Name field and enter the new name. Click Update to apply the change and click Okay when the confirmation dialog appears.
Add additional data elements (apply to this patient only); see Adding a flowsheet data element.
Update flowsheet data; see Updating patient flowsheet data.
Filter the flowsheet, print the flowsheet, view alerts, and hide specific flowsheet fields. For more information, see Using patient flowsheets.
6. When you are finished, click Close. Any changes you made are saved for the next time you view this flowsheet for this patient. For more information, see Using patient flowsheets.
Updated July 28, 2022