Patients automatically flow into, and through, a Pathway using configured transitions. However, you can manually add a patient to a Pathway, either with or without an appointment. (For more information on adding a patient with an appointment, see Manually adding a patient with an appointment to a Pathway).
For example, if a patient does not have a booked appointment but you want to start a virtual visit on the fly, you can add the patient to a Pathway in order to start the visit.
1. From the main menu, select Pathways.
2. Click the + icon for the phase you want to move the patient to and select Without Appointment.
3. In the window that appears, search for your patient as you normally would and then select the appropriate patient from the list.
4. Then select the type of visit - Physical Visit or Virtual Visit, and select a presenting issue.
📌 Note: you cannot proceed without selecting a presenting issue.
💡 Tip: You may want to create a generic "Other" or "Virtual Visit" presenting issue for the cases where there is not already appropriate issue in your list. See Creating presenting issues for more information.
5. Click the button that corresponds with the Pathway phase you are adding the patient to (To Visit, in this example). The patient is added to the Pathway for the selected phase.
Updated July 20, 2021