After you received and created incoming referrals from other providers, you can track and manage them by using referral statuses and their associated required actions. You can also modify other information in the referral, such as change the priority or service provider who will see the patient, adding comments, or adding patient or referral data.
For example, staff can add a comment to indicate that the patient was notified and add referral data to record the appointment date and time.
Once you complete your referral workflow, you can mark referrals as completed so that the referral record gets archived.
💡 Tip: You can customize your referral statuses and required actions to suit the needs of your clinic's workflows. For more information, see Customizing incoming referral priorities.
1. From the main menu, click Referrals. The Referrals dashboard (list) opens.
2. Click the Incoming or Internal folder. A list of all the active referrals for your clinic appears.
3. Using the search and filter fields at the top, filter or search the list for the referrals that require managing. For more information, see Searching for referrals.
4. Click a referral to open it.
5. Edit the referral, as required.
If required, add the patient to a waitlist.
Change the status to indicate the next step in the workflow, and if required, perform the required action.
In the Comments field, type additional information about the record.
Under Referral Data, click a blue data field to update the information. For more information, see Updating patient and referral data from a referral.
6. Click Save.
Updated August 6, 2021