Once you have submitted your claims from the MDBilling portal to the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Ministry validates your bills before they process the claims and make payment.
If any of your bills are rejected the MOH provides a Claims Error report (48 hours after submitting claims via MDBilling), so you can correct errors and resubmit the bills for payment.
1. From the main menu, click Billing.
2. To see all refused (rejected) claims, filter the Billing dashboard by:
Status: Attention Required
Insurer: Ontario Health Insurance Plan
Applicable Service Date
A billing report appears.
3. Find Attention Required: Refused claims by searching for bills that have $0.00 payment under the Amount column.
4. Click the bill.
The Edit Insured Payment window appears.
5. Read the Messages, e.g. updating the patient's version code, and fix the error by clicking on the specific area of the bill and modifying it.
6. Once fixed, at the top of the bill next to Status select Ready to Submit.
7. Click Save.
The bill is resubmitted to MDBilling and a new claim is created in MDBilling. This will be included the next time claims are submitted to the MOH.
8. Since the fixed bill is a new claim in MDBilling, you must archive the original rejected claim in the MDBilling portal.
a. To search for specific rejected claims in MDBilling, click Lookup Claims.
b. From the Lookup Claims page, click the Patient field, type the first two letters of the patient name and select the correct patient.
c. Click the Status field and select Rejected.
d. Click Search.
A list of claims with Status: Rejected appears.
e. Find the claim you want to archive and click Action > Archive.
Updated April 25, 2022