If you are an account owner for your TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) domain, and you have the Edit Other Users permission, you can enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for another user.
📌 Note: You can enable only email-based two-factor authentication for other users—meaning they receive their one-time codes through email.
If the user wants to receive two-factor authentication codes through SMS (text) or through an authentication app, when the user logs in, they can modify their two-factor authentication settings, including how they receive two-factor authentication codes. They can also disable two-factor authentication for themselves at any time. See Customizing your personal two-factor authentication mehod.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Account. The User Management window opens.
2. Under User List, beside the user, click Edit.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Under Two Factor Authentication, select Email.
5. Click Submit.
6. When prompted, enter your CHR password and then click Submit.
7. Refresh your screen for the changes to take effect. The user can now log into the CHR without entering a one-time code.
Updated March 20, 2022