📌 Note: PrescribeIT® is currently available only for TELUS CHR users in PEI. It is a beta feature, available to PEI prescribers in order to test and provide feedback. It will be more widely available once the beta period is complete.
Before any provider can send prescriptions electronically using PrescribeIT®, the service must be enabled in your clinic's CHR. Following clinic activation, each provider must be individually enabled in the CHR.
📌 Note: Your clinic and each provider must first register for PrescribeIT® by contacting TELUS Health. We then perform the clinic activation for you and configure TELUS CHR accordingly.
If a provider joins the clinic after PrescribeIT® is already enabled, clinic administrators can activate individual providers through their user account settings once TELUS Health has activated the provider in the Shared Health Exchange. To configure a provider's account for PrescribeIT®, the provider must have:
two-factor authentication enabled using SMS or an authentication app (see Enabling two-factor authentication)
a college License Number entered in their user settings (see Updating a user's general profile information and settings)
a Licensing Body selected in their user settings (see Updating a user's general profile information and settings)
a PrescribeIT Role selected (see below).
📌 Note: We recommend providers set up two-factor authentication before the clinic administrator enables PrescribeIT® for that provider.
1. From the main menu, choose Settings > Account.
2. From the Users List, click Edit beside the provider you wish to activate for PrescribeIT®.
3. In the General tab, ensure the correct License Number is entered for this provider, and select the Licensing Body if one isn't already set.
4. In PrescribeIT tab, select a PrescribeIT Role from the list.
5. Type the provider's Provider Registry ID into the field and click Authenticate.
6. If the provider exists in the Provider Registry, a window displays the provider's information as it exists in the Provider Registry and the services the provider is registered for.
⚠️ Important: Ensure the provider's name displayed here matches the name recorded in the General tab of the user's profile. If the name does not match, the provider will receive an error when e-prescribing.
📌 Note: An error appears if there is no match.
7. Click Confirm.
8. The Provider Registry ID is displayed and the button now shows Re-Authenticate. Select Enable Services and then click Submit.
📌 Note: if you do not select Enable Services, you can authenticate your Provider Registry ID but PrescribeIT® will not be enabled for the provider.
📌 Note: if two-factor authentication is not enabled for the provider, or is enabled but set up to use email, an error message appears and you cannot enable PrescribeIT® for this provider.
9. You are prompted to enter your password to save the changes.
The provider is now configured for PrescribeIT® and can start sending e-prescriptions.
Updated January 27, 2023