You can create a question asking patients to name their previous medical conditions, who the treating physician was and the year it was diagnosed.
The answers only appear in the patient Qnaire responses as patient reported medication and in the encounter associated with the Qnaire, in the History section. The response cannot be linked to the patient's Medical History in their patient chart.
📌 Note: This question type is optional for patients to complete. You cannot make it mandatory.
1. From the Questions page within a new or existing Qnaire, click +New Question. See Creating Qnaires for information on how to navigate to the Questions page.
A New Content box with all the possible question types appears.
2. Under Choose Type, click History.
A new window opens.
3. Complete the sections that apply to this question:
Type a question.
Question Subtext (optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears under the question.
Question Label (optional)
To change the way the question appears in the Qnaire responses, type a new Label.
For example: Medical History
Retrieve from respondent data
n/a - this type of question does not pull information from the Medical History section of the patient's chart.
Natural Language Conversion
Allows you to convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History section.
History question types pull all the information entered by the patient as the answer.
4. To add more questions, click +New Question.
5. To publish the Qnaire, click Next Step. See Publishing your Qnaires.
📌 Note: If you edited an existing Qnaire and you are done, close the Qnaire creator window. The Qnaire creator automatically saves your changes.
Updated June6, 2022