Mistakes happen. If you accidentally upload or attach a file to the incorrect patient chart, you can download the file in question to your computer and then upload it to the correct patient chart.
1. Open the Patient Files area of the patient chart (see Viewing and modifying patient files).
2. Click the file that was added in error.
3. In the top-right corner of the window that opens, click the download icon to save a copy to your computer.
4. Open the correct patient chart and upload the file that you saved to your computer to their chart. For detailed instructions, see Uploading patient files.
5. Open the incorrect patient chart and delete the file from their Patient Files area (see Viewing and modifying patient files).
6. Securely delete the file from your computer.
Updated June 18, 2021