You can use a Brother, Dymo, or Zebra label printer to print patient labels directly from the TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR). You can also customize these labels to suit your needs and specify how many labels to print (maximum 20).
The CHR is compatible with the Brother QL-810W, Dymo LabelWriter 450, Dymo LabelWriter 550, and Zebra GK420D.
Before printing labels, set up your label printer. For more information, see:
Your label template defines the aspect ratio that is printed. The following label sizes are required.
Brother labels: Dimensions of 29x90mm.
Zebra labels: Dimensions of 25.4x54mm.
Dymo labels: Dymo 30252 (28.6x89.9mm) or 30336 (25.4x54mm).
💡 Tip: The Dymo 550 model must use authentic Dymo Labels or it will not print. If the power button is constantly blinking it means the label is put in backwards or that you are not using authentic Dymo Labels.
1. From a patient chart, click Start/Open > Print Label.
A preview of the label opens.
💡 Dymo Troubleshooting: If you receive the error "No DYMO printers detected. Please install a DYMO printer to continue" even after you set up your label printer, contact the support team via the live chat bubble. You can also troubleshoot on your own, see DYMO Printer Alert - no DYMO printer detected.
2. If required, select a different template from the Label Template list.
📌 Note: Click the Default? checkbox to make this template your default.
2. To customize what is printed, click a field in the label and make any modifications, additions, or deletions.
3. In the Copies field, enter the number of labels you want to print.
4. Click Print Label.
5. When the label is printed, click Okay to close the print alert window.
Updated March 06 2023