When a claim has a status of Refused due to incorrect demographics, you can update the patient's PHN or demographics from the bill and resubmit it.
💡 Tip: From patient charts and bills, you can see at-a-glance if a patient's PHN and demographic information has been validated with MSP. If a patient's information is "invalid" the patient's PHN is flagged in red with an X. Click on the red X to see an explanation for an invalid PHN. See Verifying demographics with MSP.
1. From the Billing dashboard, the Visits dashboard or the Insured Billing area of the patient's chart, click to open the bill.
2. Under Patient / Identification, click the person icon.
The patient chart (dashboard view) opens.
3. Click Update Information and modify the patient demographics (PHN, name, date of birth, etc.)
4. Make sure the demographics are correct and the PHN is displaying as valid. See Verifying demographics with MSP.
⚠️ Important: Making changes in the patient chart do not automatically change the refused / rejected bill.
5. Open the bill again and under Patient/ Identification, click the patient name.
The Patient Information window appears.
6. At the top of the Patient Information window, click the refresh button at the top right.
📌 Note: This applies any changes made to the patient chart to the existing claim.
7. At the top of the bill, in the Status drop-down, select Ready to Submit.
8. Click Save. The bill is resubmitted to Teleplan today at 6pm.
Updated January 17, 2022