If you create, review and submit bills for provider(s), or if you are a provider who wants to bill from a list of appointments (for example, if you do all your billing at the end of the day), through the Visits dashboard, you can review and create bills from a list of appointments - without having to open patient charts.
📌 Note: If you're billing for a patient who does not have an appointment booked (for example, for a hospital visits), you can create a bill from the Insured Billing area of the patient's chart. See Creating provincial (MSP) bills from patient charts (British Columbia).
⚠️ Important: Before you can bill MSP through the CHR, the provider's user account must be set up to integrate with Teleplan. See Integrating your CHR account with Teleplan (British Columbia).
1. From the main menu, click Visits. The Visits dashboard appears with a list of today's appointments.
💡 Tip: You can filter the Visits dashboard by location, date, provider, appointment type and status. See Filtering the Visits dashboard. You can also change the view of the dashboard. See Customizing the Visits dashboard.
2. Select an appointment from the list. An appointment information window appears.
📌 Note: if you click a patient's name instead of the appointment, the patient's chart opens in a new window.
3. Click the Insured tab.
4. Perform one of the following actions:
If you're creating a new bill, click Add Insured Payment
If you're reviewing or editing a bill that's already been created (for example, if the provider created the bill from the encounter), click the bill.
The New Insured Payment window opens.
5. If needed, modify the Billing Practitioner, Service Date or other bill details. See Modifying a provincial (MSP) bill's billing practitioner, location and other bill details.
5. To add a billing item (service code) to the bill, click +Add Fee Item and, in the Edit Teleplan Billing Item window, complete the applicable fields. See Adding and modifying billing items (service codes) for MSP bills (British Columbia).
💡 Tip: You can quickly bill service codes that have been previously billed for the patient by clicking the clock icon next to +Add Fee Item and selecting a billing item from the list.
6. To save the billing item, click outside the Edit Teleplan Billing Item window. The service code is added to the bill.
7. To add additional service codes, click +Add Fee Item again.
8. To edit or delete a billing item, click it.
9. To add internal only notes to the bill (for example, to add notes for a billing clerk who reviews your bills before they're sent), in the Internal Notes field, type your notes.
📌 Note: These notes are not included in the submitted claim.
10. To submit the bill to MSP, at the top of the window, in the Status drop-down, select Ready to Submit, otherwise, leave Draft selected.
💡 Tip: You can set the default status for new bills. See Setting the default billing item status for your account for more information.
11. Click Save. If the bill's Status is Ready to Submit and the CHR doesn't identify any errors, the claim is submitted to Teleplan today at 6pm and the claim status updates to Submitted.
If the bill is missing information (such as a Service Location or a Billing Practitioner), and the bill's status is:
Draft - an error appears and the bill is not saved or submitted. Fix the issue and attempt to save it again.
Ready to Submit - the bill is saved, but is not submitted to MSP. The status of the claim changes to Attention Required and the individual bill items have a status of Invalid. Fix the issue, and then change the bill's Status back to Ready to Submit so the claim can be submitted to Teleplan.
Updated January 19, 2022