From the Medications area of a patient's chart, you can review and document a complete list (both past and present) of treatments the patient has taken. This includes medications and other treatments prescribed by providers outside of your clinic, and over-the-counter treatments the patient takes.
Beside each treatment, a timeline graph provides a visual indicator of when the treatment started and ended. If the treatment is linked to a specific condition or diagnosis, the condition is listed below the treatment.
While you're reviewing a patient's treatments, from the Medications window, you can:
Prescribe new treatments
Record treatments that were prescribed by providers outside of your clinic
Record over-the-counter treatments the patient is taking
📌 Note: The Medications area is unique from the Prescriptions area of the chart which displays only treatments prescribed from your TELUS CHR. Also, from the Prescriptions area, you can't record externally prescribed medications.
1. Open the patient's chart.
2. In the Quick Menu or the Start/Open menu, choose Medications. By default, the patient's Current (active) treatments are displayed.
📌 Note: Current treatments include any treatments that have technically "ended" (i.e. were not renewed following the end date), but were marked as Continuous.
3. To view all the patient's past and current treatments together, at the top of the window, click All.
4. To view only the patient's past treatments, click Past.
5. To discontinue a treatment (and move it from the Current to the Past list):
a) Beside the treatment, click Stop.
b) To modify the end date, in the dialog box, in the Ended At field, select the date.
c) To indicate that the patient has chosen to no longer take the treatment, select the Patient stopped medication checkbox.
d) Click Stop.
6. To prescribe a treatment or to record a treatment that the patient is taking, click + New Medication. See Creating prescriptions.