From the Medications area of a patient's chart, you can review a complete list (both past and present) of treatments the patient has taken. This includes medications and other treatments prescribed by providers outside of your clinic, and over-the-counter treatments the patient takes.
📌 Note: The Medications area is unique from the Prescriptions area of the chart, which displays only treatments prescribed from your TELUS CHR. Also, from the Prescriptions area, you can't record externally prescribed medications.
1. Open the patient's chart.
2. In the Quick Menu or the Start/Open menu, choose Medications.
3. By default, the patient's Current (active) treatments are displayed.
📌 Note: Current treatments include any treatments that have technically "ended" (i.e. were not renewed following the end date), but were marked as Continuous.
Beside each treatment, a timeline graph provides a visual indicator of when the treatment started and ended. If the treatment is linked to a specific condition or diagnosis, the condition is shown below the treatment name.
4. Click a treatment to view the start date and duration. Click the start date to view complete recorded dosing information for that medication.
5. To view all the patient's past and current treatments together, at the top of the window, click All.
6. To view only the patient's past treatments, click Past.
💡 Tip: While you're reviewing a patient's treatments, from the Medications window, you can:
Prescribe new treatments
Updated August 26, 2021