Once you have created flexible schedule templates for your clinic, you can apply them to any date(s) and/or provider(s). Creating and applying a flex schedule template allows you to quickly set up flex hours for multiple providers and/or multiple dates, instead of configuring them one-by-one.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Scheduling > Templates.
2. The Flexible Schedule Templates window appears, listing all existing templates. Select the template you want to apply from the list.
3. The Edit Flexible Schedule Template window appears, showing you the working hours for the template on the right.
4. Select the provider(s) to apply the template to. Click in the Schedule Practitioners field and select one or more providers from the list.
5. Select the date(s) to apply the template to.
a) Click the + Add Dates button and then select the date(s) from the calendar. (Selected dates displayed with a square blue background).
b) When you are finished selecting the dates, click Select.
6. The selected providers and selected dates appear in the list. Confirm you’ve selected the correct provider(s) and date(s) and then click Apply.
7. You are prompted to confirm. Click Okay to continue.
8. The flex schedule template is applied to the provider(s) and date(s) you selected. The Create Multiple Schedules window appears, showing if the template was successfully applied or not.
If Invalid appears, this means that the provider already has standard working hours set up in their schedule for the specific dates and/or times. The system does not override the already configured schedule and the template is not applied.
Updated November 23, 2023