📌 Note: You must have Scheduling Settings permissions to set up provider schedules for your clinic. See Modifying a user's permissions.
Once you have created flexible schedule templates for your clinic, you can apply them to any date(s) and/or provider(s). Creating and applying a flex schedule template allows you to quickly set up flex hours for multiple providers and/or multiple dates, instead of configuring them one-by-one.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Scheduling > Hours and then click Flex Templates.
2. The Flexible Schedule Templates window appears, listing all existing templates. Select the template you want to apply from the list.
💡Tip: If the list of templates is long, you can quickly find a template by searching for it using the Search field at the top of the window.
3. The Edit Flexible Schedule Template window appears, showing you the working hours for the template on the right.
💡 Tip: If necessary, before applying the template, you can edit the working hours. For more information, see Modifying flexible schedule templates.
4. Select the provider(s) to apply the template to. Click in the Schedule Practitioners field and select one or more providers from the list.
5. Select the date(s) to apply the template to.
a) Click the +Add Dates button and then select the date(s) from the calendar. (Selected dates displayed with a square blue background).
b) When you are finished selecting the dates, click Select.
💡 Tip: To clear a date from the calendar, select it again.
6. The selected providers and selected dates appear in the list. Confirm you’ve selected the correct provider(s) and date(s) and then click Apply.
7. You are prompted to confirm. Click Okay to continue.
8. The flex schedule template is applied to the provider(s) and date(s) you selected. The Create Multiple Schedules window appears, showing if the template was successfully applied or not.
If Invalid appears, this means that the provider already has working hours set up in their schedule for the specific dates and/or times. The system does not override the already configured schedule and the template is not applied.
💡 Tip: At any time, you can see what schedule(s) and date(s) the flex template was applied to, and remove the flex template from a specific date. See Viewing and deleting flex templates from provider schedules for more information.
Updated February 7, 2022