The AB Health Payment Details analytics dashboard allows Alberta clinics to view all payments (remittances) received from the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP).
You can view the payment total, the payments by date and provider, as well as details on each payment. This information matches the amount being deposited or reconciled in your clinic's account for the selected period.
⚠️ Important: Payments for insured bills that were submitted to a custom billing agency (billing provider/template) are excluded from this dashboard. To see those payments, use the Billing Payments Insured dashboard for Alberta.
For general information on how to use Analytics, see Analytics dashboards.
1. In the CHR main menu, click Analytics.
2. In the Dashboards search field, start typing AB Health Payment Details, and select the dashboard.
3. Set your filters (see Filtering analytics dashboards). By default, the dashboard displays payments received from Alberta Health in the last 7 days. Change the value in the Pay Date filter to see more or less results (e.g. is in the last 30 days).
📌 Note: We recommend using the Pay Date filter and not the Service Date filter when reporting on payments.
4. At the top of the window, click the Load icon. The dashboard displays.
In the Payments by Date & Provider report, you see the amount received for each provider on each pay date included in the selected period.
In the Payments Details report, you see the details of each payment received during that period.
⚠️Important: Reports show a maximum of 5000 entries. Use the filters to refine your results as needed.
5. To export the data from a report, hover over the report tile, click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the report and select Download data. For more information, see Downloading data from analytics reports.
6. To access a patient chart, click in the Patient ID column, then click Patient chart. It opens in a new browser tab.
Updated March 1, 2023