In Alberta, the Billing Payments Insured analytics dashboard allows you to see payments for insured bills that were submitted to a custom billing agency (billing provider/template), for example an insurance company.
⚠️ Important: This dashboard excludes payments received from the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP). To see these payments, use the AB Health Payment Details dashboard.
For general information on how to use Analytics, see Analytics dashboards.
1. In the CHR main menu, click Analytics.
2. In the Dashboards search field, start typing Billing Payments Insured, and select the dashboard.
3. Set your filters (see Filtering analytics dashboards). By default, the dashboard displays payments received from a custom agency (excludes AHCIP) in the last 30 days. Change the value in the Pay Date filter to see more or less results.
You can also filter by pay method, provider, payment tag, location, facility or fee code, as needed.
📌 Note: We recommend using the Pay Date filter and not the Service Date filter when reporting on payments.
4. At the top of the window, click the Load icon. The dashboard displays.
You can view the total paid, the payments by provider, date, payment method (cash, credit, debit, etc.) or fee code, as well as details on each payment.
⚠️Important: Reports show a maximum of 5000 entries. Use the filters to refine your results as needed.
5. To view detailed information for a specific payment method or fee code, click on the associated bar in the chart. For more information, refer to Exploring or drilling into analytics reports.
6. To go to a specific bill, in the Payment Report, click on the Payment Link, and then click Bill. The bill opens in a new tab.
7. To export the data from a report, hover over the report tile, click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the report and select Download data. For more information, go to Downloading data from analytics reports.
Updated March 1, 2023