If your patient is not receiving an automated email notification, there are a few things you can check:
1) Verify the Email Address: Be sure that you have the correct email address and check for typos.
2) Check the Patient’s Notification Settings: From the Patient Chart, select “Update Information” to ensure that email notifications are enabled.
3) Check the Appointment for the Notification Delivery Report: From the patient's appointment, select "Reminders" to view the delivery report.
4) Check your Automated Reminder Settings: Go to Settings > Scheduling > Appointment Types > Reminder Templates to ensure that the ALL appointment types have "Default Notifications" enabled.
5) Check Email Filters and Search Email Folders: Depending on patient's email filter settings, the missing email notification may have been identified as spam. The patient can check their email filters within their account settings.
Ask the patient to do a search for the email by clicking the search button (magnifying glass). Search all folders including Trash, Spam, Junk, and Promotions.
Note: If the patient finds the missing email in the Spam folder, they can mark it as "Not Spam" so that it will not be flagged again in the future.
6) Check for Third Party Filtering: The patient uses a corporate/company email address, there may be other services in use that may be blocking the email.
If you’ve followed these steps and the issue remains unresolved, please contact the InputHealth Support Team.