Before you can add providers or other individual contacts to your clinic's "address book", you must first create a facility - representing the clinic, pharmacy, hospital, lab, or program they work out of. You can then add providers or other contacts from the facility.
1. On the main menu, click Contacts. A list of facilities displays.
2. To edit the facility's name or contact information, click the facility and then at the top right of the facility window, click the edit icon.
3. To add a facility, at the top of the window, click New Facility.
4. In the Create Facility or Update Facility window, using the following table, add or update the facility's information.
📌 Note: You can fill in as much or as little of the information you need. If you send faxes to this facility, make sure you add the fax number.
Type the clinic, pharmacy, lab or facility name.
Select the facility type. The facility type you choose determines where in the CHR you can search for and select the facility. For example:
Address Street 1
Type the facility's address.
Address Street 2
If the facility's address requires two lines, type the second line here.
Type the facility's city.
Type the facility's state or province.
Type the facility's postal code or zip code.
Type the facility's phone number, including the area code.
💡 Tip: You can type the phone number without adding any dashes or brackets. The CHR auto-formats the phone number as soon as you save your changes.
If the facility has a phone extension number, type the number here.
If the facility has a secondary phone number (for example, an after hours or emergency line), type the phone number here.
Secondary Phone Ext
If the secondary phone number includes an extension number, type the number here.
Type the facility's fax number, including the area code.
💡 Tip: You can type the fax number without adding any dashes or brackets. The CHR auto-formats the phone number as soon as you save your changes.
Type the facility's email address.
Type the facility's website URL.
Type any important notes regarding the facility's processes, availability, etc. For example, "This office is accepting patients".
5. Click Save. The facility window opens.
6. To add a contact to the facility (i.e. a provider or other individual who works out of the facility), click New Contact. See Adding and modifying contacts.
7. To remove a contact from the facility, beside the contact, click the Delete icon.
Updated October 21, 2021