🎞️ View video tutorial: Adding facilities and contacts
Before you can add providers or other individual people to your clinic's "address book", you must first create a facility, which represents the clinic, pharmacy, hospital, lab, or program where they work. You can then add providers or other individual people from the facility.
When you add facilities, every user in your clinic has access to them.
1. From the main menu, click Contacts. A list of facilities displays.
2. Search for a facility to ensure it doesn't already exist and avoid duplicates. See Searching for facilities or contacts in your "address book".
3. If the facility is not yet in your address book, and you want to add it, at the top of the window, click New Facility. The Create Facility window opens.
4. If the facility already exists and you want to edit it, in the search results click the facility you want. The facility window opens.
To edit the facility's name or contact information, in the top-right corner of the facility window, click the edit icon.
5. In the Create Facility or Update Facility window, using the following table, add or update the facility's information.
📌 Note: You can fill in as much or as little of the information you need. If you send faxes to this facility, make sure you add the fax number.
Type the clinic, pharmacy, lab or facility name.
Select the facility type. The facility type you choose determines where in the CHR you can search for and select the facility. For example, if this is a pharmacy that you fax prescriptions to or assign as patients' preferred pharmacy, select Pharmacy
Address Street 1
Type the facility's address.
Address Street 2
If the facility's address requires two lines, type the second line here.
Type the facility's city.
Type the facility's state or province.
Type the facility's postal code or zip code.
Type the facility's phone number, including the area code.
💡 Tip: You can type the phone number without adding any dashes or brackets. The CHR auto-formats the phone number as soon as you save your changes.
If the facility has a phone extension number, type the number here.
If the facility has a secondary phone number (for example, an after hours or emergency line), type the phone number here.
Secondary Phone Ext
If the secondary phone number includes an extension number, type the number here.
Type the facility's fax number, including the area code.
💡 Tip: You can type the fax number without adding any dashes or brackets. The CHR auto-formats the phone number as soon as you save your changes.
Type the facility's email address.
Type the facility's website URL.
Type any important notes regarding the facility's processes or availability, such as "This office is accepting patients".
7. Click Save. The facility window opens.
8. To add a contact to the facility (such as a provider or other individual who works out of the facility), click New Contact. See Adding and modifying contacts.
8. To remove a contact from the facility, beside the contact, click the Delete icon. See Deleting facilities and contacts.
Updated March 14, 2022